Sunday, June 15, 2008

Waiting patiently (again)...

Well, there will be no frozen embryo transfer in the near future. I went to the doctor on Friday only to find out that I have a huge cyst on my left ovary. I was a bit shocked by that. I've never had problems before and I haven't been on any fertility drugs for over 6 months. I can only attribute it (as I attribute everything else in my life) to God. For some reason, this is not yet the time. So I wait again. For the first time in 4 years I am on birth control pills. It seems counter-intuitive, but it's the best way to help the cyst dissolve.

I was really upset for the first 40 minutes or so after finding out the news. It is so hard to keep getting told that I have to wait even longer. But eventually I just felt peaceful about it. I don't know what's in store, but I'm tired of the process. I can't even get upset about it anymore because it is what it is. I can't change it. God is in control though, and I trust that this is the best thing for me at this time.

I'll keep you all posted. I have to go back in 2 weeks to check on the cyst. Once it's gone, we'll go ahead with things, but for now I'm waiting on God...again.

2 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Wow- your attitude is amazing! I will be praying that this goes away and that the peace will continue until it's His Timing.

Anonymous said...

Elsie,

When do you go back in for the US? I'll be praying for you. (((HUGS)))