Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fatigue

To be honest...I completely forgot about posting the ultrasound pictures. Fatigue will do that to you. I'm assuming fatigue is a good thing, and I'm thankful for it! My back is better though. I actually heard it pop back into place. Yikes. But I'm just glad I was on my feet and moving again within a couple of days! At this point, I have my first doctors appointment with my OB on Friday. I'm hoping she'll do an ultrasound there and I'll post the pictures of that one--since the baby will have arms and legs at this point, rather than being a blob with a yolk sac. It amazes how quickly these babies grow. My transfer of a 4 and 6 cell embryo wasn't even 2 months ago, and I have a baby with arms and legs who is the size of a plum growing in me. It's amazing! So I'm hoping to get some pictures of that to post...We'll see.

Even with the excitement of the new baby, there are moments when times are hard and I miss the baby that would've, should've, could've been here this Christmas. I'm thankful we have the new baby. I think things would've been unbearable if we didn't. And I know that no matter how fun Christmas is here...Chase is having a far better time celebrating and dwelling with the Savior every single day. It's the only thing that gets me through.

3 comments:

Childress Family said...

We love you guys...and the little one with arms and legs, too! It is cool to be pregnant at Christmas, isn't it? It is so hard being so tired this time around. I can't just chill and relax whenever I want. I asked a friend recently, "Am I allowed to be this tired?" She said, "YES!" So...put your feet up when you can and take care of that back. You'll need it. :-)

rehobothmops said...

Yay for fatigue!! I love your mental picture of your little plum with arms and legs!! I hope you are able to rejoice in your baby and in The Baby this Christmas- I'm sure Chase will tell Him you said hi! We are praying and will continue to keep praying for you and your growing family!! We will keep looking every day for a new picture!!

The Perreca Family said...

Oops- sorry about that! I forgot I was logged in as my MOPS group!! That last comment is from Lisa Perreca!!