Friday, June 27, 2008

I give up

I can't do this anymore. I can't eat because birth control pills give me horrible canker sores on my tongue. I currently have two (after only 2 weeks), which means I'm on a liquid diet and slurring my speech. All of this for a drug that doesn't seem to be helping anyway. The thought of staying on the pill indefinitely while my sores get worse and worse is incomprehensible right now. So I give up. I called my RE's nurse today and asked if things would get worse if I went off of the pill and she kind of laughed and said, "it can't get any worse." Gee thanks...

So after talking to Mike we've decided that for both my physical and mental well being it was time for a break. We've got a beach vacation coming up with my family in September. I'd love to be svelte and thin by then. So I'm going to focus on my weight loss and let myself have a break from this. Too bad I can't just take a break from my grief. But really that is getting better. Yesterday was his 3 month anniversary, so it was a tough day, and today is tough, but overall things have been better.

Please when you remember us, just pray for a time of peace and rest in the coming months. It has been a long road, but we haven't had to travel it alone. God's goodness does not depend on my circumstances. He is good ALL of the time.

2 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Oh good grief!! If God was putting together the Bible now, I don't think future generations would be reading about Job, they would be reading about Elise Hall.... I will continue to pray for peace during this beyond-crazy time in your life! And I do think of you often. An Elsie was pretty important around Millsboro- and there are lots of signs with her name on them all over the town! Whenever I see her name, I think and pray for you! Mike Hall is also mentioned- he is the world's strongest drug-free man who happens to be from a town right around here! Pretty funny. Bet you didn't know you were married to the world's strongest drug-free man!!

Kara said...

Elsie - you are so right, but sometimes it is so hard to remember that He is always good. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.
Kara