Saturday, October 18, 2008

PUPO

Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise (PUPO).

Thank you for your prayers! God did provide 2 embryos out of the 4 we thawed. The other 2 didn't make it.

They were not as high quality as the embryos we put back when we conceived Chase, but I've learned that its not really about the quality. I've seen women with poor quality embryos get pregnant and women with high quality embryos end up without a baby. God will decide how my babies do.

So the babies. We'll call them 3m and 2p (they were rated a 3- and 2+ on a 5 point scale, last time we had a 3+ and 4-). 3m was a sloppy looking 6 cell...meaning that the bubbles/cells weren't perfectly rounded. Well, 3m's mama isn't very tidy either, so I say that one just takes after me...2p was perfectly round and beautiful, but since it was only a 4 cell (rather than an 8 or 9 cell), it got a lower score. My RE thought that that one may give us our best chance and may just turn out to be a slow grower.

I wish we had a scanner that worked, I'd post a picture of the babies...yep, they give you a picture to take home with you!

But that's what we're working with. For now I'm just thrilled to be PUPO!

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your prayers!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Elsie, congrats on being PUPO! :) I was hoping for an update. We prayed for you yesterday and earlier this week, and we'll keep praying that 3m & 2p will (maybe both?!) grow into healthy babies!

The Perreca Family said...

Yay!! We will contine to pray for your hearts desire to be filled. And yes, I am praying for BOTH babies to "stick" and then give you run for your money!!

Elsie Hall said...

Ha ha ha...Lisa. I think you just want some more interesting blog posts on Aiden's blog. Twins would make for some interesting writing material, that's for sure!

Childress Family said...

Wow! So exciting! God is able...!!

Jess said...

Now the long wait...I'm praying! Keep us posted! Grow, babies, grow!!

Kara said...

Yay Elsie! That's great! And I love your new phrase - PUPO! I may have to borrow that. Praying for these babies to grow grow grow!!
Kara